Maximize your security and compliance with MEAS™
OverviewDoes your SIEM strategy encompass your company’s mainframe? Is your SIEM Implementation limited to your network devices and servers? No existing SIEM platform on the market today was designed specifically for the z/OS operating system, this represents a conspicuous gap in your compliance strategy.
MEAS™ was designed from the ground up to enable mainframe users to collect, store, report and analyze data real time, through seamless integration with commercial Event Management (EM) and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) technologies like McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO), McAfee ESM, HP ArcSight and IBM Q1 Labs.
How It WorksMEAS™ captures application performance related events and metrics on the mainframe within each LPAR. MEAS™ listens for events on the mainframe within each LPAR, selecting only those required by the client. When a desired event is detected, MEAS™ will capture the event details; convert the data to expose the event to the SIEM technology already installed by the customer. Additionally, MEAS™ can write and keep a history of events in a SQL database that can be used to execute queries against the data, perform event correlation and send additional events to the SIEM software for remediation.
- Granular event selection criteria
- Multiple event input methods
- SMF (Security, Data Sets, Database, CICS and more)
- z/OS System Console
- TSS Audit File
- Retroactive reporting
- Monitor multiple LPARS concurrently
- Optional Microsoft SQL Server standalone database
- Optional McAfee ePO Security Management software
- Supports z/OS Operating Systems
- z/OS 1.8 and above
- Supports Windows Operating Systems
- Windows Vista (32 & 64 bit)
- Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit)
- Supports commercially available Log Management and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platforms
DOWNLOAD THE FULL MEAS FOR SECURITY & COMPLIANCE FACT SHEET DOWNLOAD MEAS TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW